Chronic Care Management Benefits Both Patients and Providers
- Patient education, coaching, and self-management health behaviors.
- Medication management and ability to transfer knowledge to physicians and appropriate caregivers.
- Tracking receipt of preventative services and recommended quality measures.
- Helps to close gaps in care.
- Same Care Coordinator Assigned for the monthly calls. (Patient Engagement)
- Revenue from CPT 99490 Billing: Billing rates differ by state, but national average pays around $40 per patient, per month for CCM calls.
- Additional Services Generated by CCM Calls: By connecting with patients more frequently, providers generate additional revenue from services treating issues that wouldn’t otherwise be brought up by the patient. (i.e. scheduling annual wellness visits, lab testing, immunizations, etc.)
- Maximize MIPS Incentive Payments: CMS is highly focused on improving care coordination and places significant weight on CCM when determining your MIPS score and incentive payment.